24 December 2009

What Christmas Means to Me

{Warning: Forgive me...my 30 words runneth over!}

(real) ribbon, pretty paper,
glass icicles, beaded garland,
cookies, milk, carrots-with-the-tops, reindeer food
reading "'Twas the Night Before Christmas"
last minute letters to Santa

angels on high,

white lights,


Santa collection, snowman collection


Madison's "jingles" always first on the tree {RIP good dog, arf}



ornament "I Spy",


each with a story to tell

Snowman stockings waiting to bulge with candy canes, socks, an orange, a special ornament, and one walnut in the toe


later cozying up to the fire with a good book and a cup of peppermint stick tea
The Christmas Song by Nat King Cole
watching "Holiday Inn" while wrapping presents all night long
waking up on Christmas morning to sort through stockings and thank Santa for favors granted
before cantoring mass on Christmas morning
friends and family, near and far
gathering for eating and opening of way too many presents
celebrating my blessings
{and if you are reading this, you are one of the best!}

Enjoy the day!

11 comments:

mairedodd said...

just beautiful... be present in the moment (no pun intended)... enjoy, enjoy... how lucky i feel to have taken the step to get involved in blogger and etsy this year - meeting incredible people with stories to tell & beauty to share... i am so grateful... best to you and those your love -

sharon said...

Merry Christmas kind Erin! Have a blessed and beautiful Christmas!

peacockfairy said...

Very lovely Erin!

EmandaJ said...

Merry Christmas Erin, thank you for spreading joy each day!
Emanda

Anonymous said...

so beautiful!

The Joy of Nesting said...

Dear Erin,

Although it has only been recently that I have had the good fortune to find you here in Bloglandia, you have welcomed me with your warm friendship!!! Thank you so much and I'm excited about getting to know you more in the coming year dear friend!! :)

I wish you and your lovely family a wonderful holiday season, to make tons of beautiful memories!!

Pattie ;)
Mazatlan Mx.

Anonymous said...

Hi Erin, I wanted to stop by and wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Is this the fireplace in your new home? It's lovely!

Kate said...

I shan't be doing any of that but it sounds wonderful and a wish you the best day possible!

stregata said...

Wishing you and your loved ones a wonderful Christmas and Health and Happiness for the New Year.

Heather Powers said...

I hope your Christmas and New Year are filled with wonderful new memories!

I chuckled when I read about the orange in the stocking, also a tradtion in our home.

Cindy said...

Erin, I don't think I ever commented on this wonderful Christmas post. Your words are always so wonderful to read.... and it was so touching to see your Pup Madison's collar hanging from the tree. Awww!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin