10 March 2009

Attitudes Are Contagious

"Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint you can on it."
— Danny Kaye


Last night I had the opportunity to work hard.

My good, dear friend Rainy is moving her studio Art Village around the corner and down the block to a new location opening in April. This space is bigger and brighter and all on one floor. There are original tin ceilings and big windows overlooking Main Street for the gallery. There is even an amazing basement catacombs with room for studio space for University students and so many nooks and crannies to create in. But there is also much work to get done in order to be ready.

And so our Mastermind group declared yesterday as Operation Art Village.

We painted and moved walls. There were power tools and paint rollers. There was food and laughter. And a lot of sweat equity.

I want this space to be all that it can be for Rainy and her dream. So I am willing to help her in any way I can. I told her that it takes a village to raise Art Village. But we need more villagers to help!

Remember the saying, Attitudes are contagious. Is yours worth catching? It is quite contagious when you have a passion and a positive attitude. Rainy has both. That is the kind of person I want in my life.

If you are driftless and negative, I have no time for you.

Stop trying to drag me down with you.

How do you stop negativity in it's tracks?

What do you do when your attitude needs a shift?

Do tell!

Check It Out::G.I.R.L.S. ~ Girls Inspiring Real Life Success

Enjoy the day!

5 comments:

candy man said...

Erin;
You are correct on attitudes. I also participated in "Operation Rainy", what a great evening of work, play, food and discussions. I try to "infect" as many people as I can with attitude. Treasures are not just monetary, the greatest treasures have heartbeats.

TesoriTrovati said...

Candy Man-
You are one of those rare souls that is completely infectious. Whatever it is that makes you so fun and positive, I want to catch it! You are a good friend. Thanks for stopping by.
Enjoy the day!
Erin

Rainy Day said...

Last Monday was awesome. I have not had such a good time in a while. Great friends and perhaps too many paint fumes makes for a very enjoyable evening. Art Village is definitely a tribal effort. You guys are the best a family a person could have. You are an inspiration to me. Really!

Charlie Pratt said...

Love this Danny Kaye quote.. thanks for the inspiration today!

Jenners said...

It is true: attitude is everything. When I find myself struggling with something, it is usually because I have a poor attitude about it. My husband is good at "correcting" this problem by helping me to refocus and see where my thoughts are playing a role in my negativity. Thank goodness for him!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin