11 November 2008

Something Good in Every Day

"Every day may not be good, but there is something good in every day."
~ Anonymous


Aside from being my favorite author, Ann Nonymous is a woman of sage advice(!). This quote is at the finale of every email message that I send and so I felt that it was a fitting place to start my first post.

So...what is good about today?

Today, I recognize my own need for connectedness, not only to foster my own path of creativity and inspiration, but to inspire the same in others. But how to begin?

I have thought long and hard about jumping in to this medium, this blogging, so true to form, I have done a ton of research. I set out on a quest...for one inspirational blog or website each day from which to glean ideas related to voice, topic, structure, purpose, and even how imaginative the headers and titles can be. I have tagged a lot of them and posted on many others just to get a sense of the sort of community that already exists. I have ignored those that seem to be all about the minutia of a singular person's life in favor of those that sought community and inspiration. I read articles and consulted oracles...from the wisdom of those in the web industry to friends old and new who are regular or even reluctant readers of blogs of all sorts. I have seen all manner of posts...from the short and sweet to the ridiculously rambling, from the sublimely beautiful to the infuriatingly inane. [I have learned that the word "blog" sounds so ugly...perhaps we can find a better term for it, but that is a subject for another day...]



Ultimately, I determined that I wanted to start this journal as a means of self-expression, a way to capture my creative process and a tool for connecting me with other like-minded individuals.

I hope you will join me.

I do not intend for this blog to be about

...what I had for lunch, or

...100 things you didn't know about me, or

...who I think is the better candidate for whatever election is imminent (I just care that you exercise your right to vote),

...nor do I intend for this to be solely about my jewelry, although that will certainly be a side-bar, since that is how my creativity is manifested.

This is what I believe this online journal should be about...

...I believe wholeheartedly that anytime we can create community in the "global village" and maintain a connectedness through personal meaning that we are fostering growth and good in the world.

...I firmly intend to challenge myself to see everyday things from a different perspective and attempt to be more creative in the process.

...I have only just begun this online journal in order to provide a creative outlet for myself with a potential by-product of inspiring creativity in others.

It may not resonate with all readers, but I do believe that there is a community waiting to be discovered and I invite you to stay awhile if you, too, are of the same mind. Send me a shout-out. Post a comment. Challenge yourself to tap into a creative community, no matter where that takes you.

And as with most things, I am hopeful.

The Autumn 2008 issue of Artful Blogging http://www.stampington.com/html/artful_blogging.html was a fine resource to consult. I learned that as good a place to start as any is the name. After all, this is how people will connect with me and share in the journey. This was actually quite easy for me. My company name is Tesori Trovati which is Italian for treasures found. So Treasures Found it is. My sub-title Inspiration is Everywhere defines what this place is about.

Whether your calling is...cooking, singing, dancing, or designing...or maybe your profession...installing duct work, crunching numbers, landscaping or selling chocolates...we are each artists in whatever we choose to put our soul into, whatever makes our heart sing. My wish is to tell the story of those inspirations and perhaps hear a bit of what inspires you.

I will try to end each post with my Check It Out for the day...one blog/journal/website that I found inspirational. I will not tell you much about why I found inspiration there...you have to you discover for yourself.

If you do check it out, let me (and the author of said blog) know what you think!

Check It Out:: http://afancifultwist.typepad.com/

Enjoy the day!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin