26 November 2008

Creativity That Makes Your Heart Sing

"Make visible what, without you, might perhaps never have been seen." ~Robert Bresson

Laura Jayne at http://picturespoetryprose.blogspot.com/ has the most wonderful posts. Her site exists to share your inspiration in the form of words with the world. I have been attempting her posts each day as an exercise in doing something creative every day, and today's was so inspiring to me that I had to share my post!

The prompt today was My heart dreams of... and included some beautiful art to inspire.

Now, I don't claim to be the best writer, and I rarely ever rhyme a poem because to me it just seems too contrived and difficult to make any sense. I sort of feel a bit like Dr. Suess when I try to rhyme, just making up words that work in that wonky world. But for some reason it just happened to flow out of me this way without worrying about it and without stopping to edit myself. And even within the suggested 5-minute time constraint. So here is my poem, raw and quick, but I think it shows the power that creativity can have if you let go and just create. If it weren't for Laura Jayne's creative prompt, you may never have seen these words, this poem. I actually like it. I hope you do, too.

-----------------------------------------
heart song

the words are written
where no one can see
your song is about you
calling you to be

the best that you can
there is no other way
get up and get going
today is the day

no one can tell you
that your song isn’t right
no one can see
‘cause it’s hidden from sight

only you, only one
has the right combination
to unlock what’s hidden
just takes imagination

full of color and light
full of movement and song
there’s a whole world in there
and it’s where you belong

so open your heart
let it sing, let it dance
your whole life is waiting
just give it a chance

------------------------------------------
And if you are so inspired, get yourself over to Pictures, Poetry & Prose and join the fun. And if you are looking for something else that is fun...(and I happened to win the bragging rights of the day for the "wurd" ballycle....) To find out what I am talking about, you will just have to...

Check it Out::http://whatcoulditmean-d.blogspot.com/

Enjoy the day!

1 comment:

Laura Jayne said...

I love that I inspired you to create such wonderful poetry. Writing rhyming poetry is so much more difficult than not. I seldom do it because I simply can't with any skill. You today, created something wonderfully beautiful. The stanzas work and flow so nicely with each other and the rhymes do not feel forced at all.

Bravo!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin